One-Day itinerary in Berkeley Springs
- 10:00 am: Start your day with a relaxing soak in the natural mineral springs at Berkeley Springs State Park. The park offers a variety of baths and massages to choose from.
- 12:00 pm: Head to Morgan Tavern in the Country Inn for a delicious lunch. This restaurant offers a variety of sandwiches, salads, and soups made with fresh, local ingredients.
- 1:00 pm: Take a stroll through the historic downtown area and visit the many unique shops and galleries. Don’t miss the Ice House Artist Co-op, which features the work of over 30 local artists.
- 2 p.m: Visit the Museum of Berkeley Springs to learn about the history of the town and its famous mineral springs. The museum also features exhibits on local geology, Native American artifacts, and the town’s role in the Civil War.
- 3:00 pm: Cacapon Resort State Park: Just a short drive from Berkeley Springs, this state park offers hiking trails, a lake for swimming and boating, and a golf course.
- 7:00 pm: Enjoy a delicious dinner at Lot 12 Public House, a farm-to-table restaurant that specializes in seasonal, locally-sourced cuisine. Be sure to try one of their signature cocktails!
Possible Short-Day Trips:
- Antietam National Battlefield: Located about an hour’s drive from Berkeley Springs, this historic site was the site of the bloodiest single-day battle in American history during the Civil War.
- Shepherdstown: This charming town is located about 30 minutes from Berkeley Springs and offers a variety of shops, restaurants, and historic sites to explore.